Roleplay University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beginning of the End

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Beginning of the End Empty The Beginning of the End

Post by Silvercinere Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Michiko:- *Looking out at the sunset leaking visions of blood and clouds of war across the sky. Shivers as the wind tangles her hair across her face hiding the dirty tears trickling down her pale and dusty cheeks. She grips the pile of books in her hands, not aware of the distant screams from down below in the streets. And for a moment in her mind, there is quiet solitude between thoughts. A sigh escapes between her chapped lips and reality snaps her mind into horror as her eyes break away from the bloody sky. She takes up her wand and balances it on top of her books. Breaking friction in the wind, she turns and heads for the door, not looking back at the piles of books she will never read, the desks overturned, the papers scattered across the wooden floor, the blood against the walls.*
Silvercinere
Silvercinere
Primo Moderator
Primo Moderator

Back to top Go down

The Beginning of the End Empty Re: The Beginning of the End

Post by Ronan Lynch Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:01 am

A frustrated sigh left her lips, she didn't like being surrounded by whining refugees. They lost there homes because of the wars, big deal. They were lucky, some of them lost more than that. She had lost so much more than that. But dwelling on the past had never gotten her anywhere but depressed. She sat on the roof of a carraige that was stuck sitting until the refugees moved out ofnthe way. A white hair beast man waved at her from across the market, pointed ignoring the wary glances he was getting.

"Did you find anything Silas?" She called out as soon as she was within hearing range.

"Nothing we didn't already know, You okay Azure you look kinda pale." Azure nodded, brushing off his concern. She was tired, but so was everyone who had to deal with this war.

"I think its time to move on with the next caravan out of here, theres no point in this lot. I doubt father would be with these ungrateful Fae." Silas sighed and nodded in agreement, but just then he saw a human girl who was a little younger than Azure stand alone in the crowd.

"Hey, are you alright miss?" He asked gently, she seemed lost within her own memories. Azure muttered somthing under her breath about it was a waste of time but he ignored her.
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

https://roleplayuniversity.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvercinere Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:20 am

Michiko turns, startled, and glances up with a frown at the man hovering above her. "Is it any of your concern? Why do you care anyway.." she says, pushing him aside and looking around at the people surrounding her. 'I hate crowds. And my god do the streets stink' she thinks to herself, scrunching up her nose while hugging her books tightly against her chest not realizing yet the fingernail marks she is creating in the binds.

She spots a caravan and heads towards it, squeezing her tiny body through the crowd while getting pushed and pulled. Making her way to a carriage with a young girl sitting on top, glaring down at her. Blocking the suns glare with her hand, she glances up at her. "Is this yours?" she asks, raising her voice just loud enough for the sound to carry above the crowds of people.
Silvercinere
Silvercinere
Primo Moderator
Primo Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:32 am

"Hmph, hardly but I do travel with these people for the time being. Why do you care runt?" Azure snapped, she'd over heard the conversation that this girl had shared with Silas. Anyone who was rude to him was someone she didn't like.

"Make a new friend Azure?" Silas called from below them, Azure made a face and Silas laughed.

"I think this runt wants to ride with the carvan..."

"Now, now what have I said about being polite with strangers? " Silas scolded lightly, Azure shrugged shaking her head.

"Whatever. Anyways shorty, the caravan will be leaving in half an hour. Or as soon as its loaded. Hang around if you want, I'll tell the leader your coming along."

"I already have Azure, no need for you to get down." Silas called as he scanned the crowd, his ears twitched when he caught the booming voice of the leader calling them to move out. "Time to get ot work Azure."

"Alright, stay put runt." She said as she stood up, a fireball was lit in her hands. A few seconds later it exploded in the air, silencing the crowds almost instantly.

"Alright, folks make way!" The crowds parted like ways and the carriage lurched into motion. Silas hopped up on the roof just then sitting beside Azure who'd taken a seat.
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvercinere Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:49 am

"Oh, look at that, you can create fire. How unique of you." Scowling up at Azura, she jumps onto the top of caravan before it begins to move and leans over her shoulder. "I really think you should watch your mouth, who are you calling runt?" hissing into her ear while pressing her tongue against her teeth in disgust. But her attention soon moved to the crowd that parted in front of the caravan and watching the man who had just spoken to her, move through the crowd. Deciding it was safer on top, sat back on the roof and tilted her neck back up to the sky. "Who's this leader and when do I get to meet him?" She asks smirking to herself.
Silvercinere
Silvercinere
Primo Moderator
Primo Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:03 am

"You don't Stupid. The leader is just a voice, a soul trapped withing a magic crystal." Azure hissed back.

"Azure...." Silas shook his head. "To be more acurate, its just a voice. Nothing is behind it, it has no purpose. Excluding making sure this caravan is continuously moving and trading. When the voice runs out of magical energy the caravan disappears for another twenty years or so."

"It's a magical caravan, to put it in simple turns." Azure said. "We only make sure it doesn't get things stolen from it, but our job will be over before the next town. Leader's almost our of energy." A sad look passed across her face.

"Its been fun traveling with him though, we got to meet all sorts of people." Silas said, Azure ginned nodding in agreement. Her legs hung over the edge swinging carelessly back and forth.

"So, I believe introductions are in order. My name's Silas Elwood, and this cold little girl here is Azure Ignius. Don't let her name fool you, fire is her third best element." Azure snorted at Silas' comment but ignored him no the less.

"Whatever."

"Ah, don't mind her. She's rather nice once you get to know her. what's your name?" Silas asked.
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvercinere Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:21 am

Michiko sat up and wrapped her arms around her knees, pulling them against her chest. A spirit leader and a magical caravan? "Michiko..But I accept Mich." She raised her eyes to meet Silas before darting her eyes away. "So this... magical caravan...what happens once it disappears?" Her head tilted slightly as she rubbed her thumb against the cold ring that reflected gold into her eyes.
Silvercinere
Silvercinere
Primo Moderator
Primo Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:26 am

As Michiko asked this the caravan disappeared from right beneath them.

"That." Azure said laughing, as they dropped down from about 10 feet. Silas grinned, glad that at least somethings could still make Azure laugh.

"Are you okay?" Silas asked turning to Michiko who he'd hoped managed to catch herself from the fall. Azure didn't wait to see as she quickly scouted the area, making sure no nasty surprises were waiting for them.
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvercinere Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:33 am

"humph" she falls to the ground, wide eyed and realizes her dress has came up. Quickly, she stands and brushes the dirt off of her. "I'm fine, thanks..." She mumbles, turning her head to scan the area around her. "I guess now we walk." She says, picking up her books and hiding her wand in her dress before anyone notices.
Silvercinere
Silvercinere
Primo Moderator
Primo Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:28 am

Azure comes back at that moment and glances waywardly at her but chooses to ignore it. Afterall this girl's business was her own.

"Brother, I suggest we continue moving. There is a pack of dusk wolves about half a mile from here, the winds in our favor but nit for long. If it comes down to it we need a better location to fight andd defend"

"Agreed, I'll scout ahead. Don't let anything near you two, if it isn't me burn it or ecectrcute it if your not sure." Silas said as he walked away disappearing amoungnthe trees.

"Looks like I'm stuck with you...whatever, lets get moving. Stay close, doubt they'll try anything just yet." With that she moved forward, eafer to put distance between them and the dusk wolves.
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvercinere Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:44 pm

"Don't sound so ecstatic about it." She replied, rolling her eyes but following close behind, light in step. Glancing around wearily, uneasy in unfamiliar territory, she gripped her damp fists tightly. As she walked through the trees, the sun shining between the leaves, she imagined herself before the war had even started. Walking through the trees, she lost her mind back home. She found herself in the old library with that smell she always loved as a child. The sunlight gathered dust while shining down on her, warming her cold body. It was quiet here. A world lost in a different time.

And then there was him.. If only he could take her there right now. 'Tell me a story. Tell me a lie.' One of the last moments with him before the blood spilled over shattered words. 'You're a bit crazy' she had said to him.

She shivered beneath the trees as the sun started to set and the wind wrapped around her. A black shadow stirred out of the corner of her eye and she turned towards it. Nothing. 'Whatever, I could be dead' he had whispered to her.
Silvercinere
Silvercinere
Primo Moderator
Primo Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:53 pm

"....ey....Hey! Are you even listening to me?" Azure asked waving her hand infront of her face. "I asked you what kind of booksmare those?" Azure had stopped in front of her looking curious, and for a brief moment so very tired. She was always tired though, it came with not having a heart. Silas was in the trees above them keeping close watch on the horizon for wolves. The way things were going they'd have to camp in their territory, not a pleasant thing with Azure being so tired. But rushing them, would make them careless. Carelessness was the reason Dante had left him in charge, he was the rational thinker if the two.
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvercinere Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:04 am

Michiko jolted, jumping back. "Y-Yeah... Sorry... uhmm..." Looking down at the books in her hand, she paused. "The Complete Book of Spells.." Frowns, attempting to read the titles upside down. "The tempest" pauses. "Alchemy in Modern Day... and The Bardic Tradition." She stops, looking up to pause, cheeks blushing slightly. She fidgets nervously, clumsily juggling the books from arm to arm, just now acknowledging the uncomfortable weight she had been carrying and feeling exhausted. "Why..?"
Silvercinere
Silvercinere
Primo Moderator
Primo Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:15 am

Dusk wolves were damn persistant, if Silas hadn't distracted them the wizard girl would have died. Azure sighed hefting the small mage higher on her back, she was rather heavy for a small girl. Or it could have been that she had a bleed ing cut on her left arm from the attack. Nothing she could complain about at least her hand was still attached, no thanks to Silas. Azure already knew the reason she was having a hard time, the spell she had used put a decent amount of strain on her heart. If Silas found out...better not think about it. Last time was a nightmare, she hadn't been aloud to move for days...

"Here lady, take her to ine of the vacant rooms. Tell her when she wakes up that Azure and Silas saved her ass. Heres some money for her room and boarding. " Azure sighed in relief sitting on the front step of the inn, thankfully Silas had gone to check if there father had been here. There was nothing to do but sit and wait...

Last edited by Yukimori Sora on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Due to SilverCinre"S Lack of activity, Yukimori Sora will continue with the quest line without SilverCinre)
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinsei kodoku Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:24 am

"I've been around too long." what seemed to be a man walked through the streets of this small town. "It's tiring. This war. This land. It's people." he continued to walk not paying attention to anyone most of them gave off the same pathetic aura, an aura of defeat, few others gave off a flickering spirit one that had perhaps at a time been a warrior. But even the strongest and noblest of men would loose their spirit with the lasting war, their honor gone with the many a men they had once served with.  It was not often one would come across a presence that radiated hope,  a strong presence for life and a will to fight for not only themselves but for the ones they kept close to their hearts. Sadly however these souls did not last long, these potential heros were often seen as a possible threat, the eyes of this person walking through streets shown that he had witnessed the death of many a hero. The black clad figure then abruptly stopped, a presence different from the others was sensed sitting on the stairs directly in front of him.

The boy grabbed the hood that was adorning his head with both hands and pulled it back revealing shoulder length 'spiky' purple hair. The color of his eyes were an exact same of purple, from his facial appearance it was obvious he wasn't even of twenty years. He looked this girl over for what seemed in his mind to be half an hour he was capable of identifying any weapons she had on her person that were not well hidden, hey was also able to tell from what she wore that she was most likely a mercenary. A warrior for hire, which could explain the strong presence she gave off. The very reason this boy had even noticed her. An inn...exhaustion, and or comrades. the boy thought, based off his experiences with the ones with hopeful souls he knew they often traveled, and would naturally gather with others with a similar hope or in some cases the same Insatiable blood lust and want for money. All of these thoughts happened in no more time than it took him to casually remove his hood. Without making eye contact he walked up the stairs of the inn and stopped directly on the left side of the women,  he then reached inside the arm of his left sleeve his hand glancing over a throwing knife he had lying across his forearm. He grabbed a few silver pieces from inside a pouch and removed his hand and dropped the pieces into the girls lap the boy made sure to watch without truly watching her reactions to everything he did. Once the silver hit her lap he continued to walk inside the inn.

shinsei kodoku
shinsei kodoku
Sora's Personal Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:37 am

Was this guy gonna keep staring at her or what? He was handsome, but he seemed rather absent minded to her. Just as she was about to ask him what his problem was he moved towards her. Azure had expected him to say something, or perhaps pick a fight; not for a handful of coins to fall in her lap. Her eyes widened in surprise, but she quickly looked up in suspicion. Was he hiring her? Did he think she was a tavern whore? Or perhaps he was being charitable? Either way she couldn't just accept the money, nor the job. Not without Silas knowing, she'd never hear the end of it if she left him behind again.

"Hey, whats this then? Why did you give me money? I don't need it that badly, or did you think you were in for a night of fun?" Azure glared at him awaiting his response.
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinsei kodoku Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:10 am

He stopped and looked towards the girl "The ferryman...requires a payment to cross the river" it was an awkward thing to say, especially if she didn't know of what he spoke. Regardless it didn't matter, his words meant nothing to those that would cross that line. "consider it a token of forgiveness?" his words seemed almost sad when he spoke. Yet he knew what he would have to do regardless. Reaching inside his sleeve once again he pulled grabbed the throwing knife and quickly threw it through the sleeve of his arm towards the girls throat. In his right hand while he was covered by its sleeve he held half a dozen throwing stars. He would wait and watch what she would do block or evade the knife, then he'd react accordingly.
shinsei kodoku
shinsei kodoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:21 am

Strange he sounds sad just like--no she couldn't let him distract her. Ferryman? As in the river stix? He was trying to-

"What the hell?!" She slipped sideways barely avoiding his knife, a shallow cut bled slightly on the front of her neck. "Wait a second, what are you doing?!" Was this guy nuts? All she had done was ask him why he gave her money, and then he started talking abkut the river stix! She didn't even know why he was attacking her! Was he an enemy of their fathers? If that was the case then he might know where he was! "I'm not sure what I did to piss ya off but...." She crouched down and narrowed her eyes glaring at him. "If you want a fight you've got one. I wont go down without a fight!"
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinsei kodoku Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:54 pm

The black clad boy grabbed the sleeve of his hood and threw it in one swift motion towards the girl. The hood being thrown in such a way to momentarily block the line of site between both parties. It was in that moment that he began to throw the throwing stars. Two to pierce the center of the hooded clock and go towards the girls abdomen, two more towards the direct left side of the cloak and the last two to the right of it. It was then that he quickly dashed forward it would take deadly accurate timing and reflexes but by using all of his senses he would try to predict her where abouts and jump towards her in a blinding speed to place the bend of his arm at the center of her throat and almost hug her neck. He was fully committing to this so it was either a hit or a miss.
shinsei kodoku
shinsei kodoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:27 pm

So fast! Azure wasn't prepared for the throwing stars and received gashes on the sides of her torse. She hissed in pain, as much as she loved fighting the pain was something she couldn't ever get entirely used to. But nothing could match the pain of having your heart crushed withing your chest, as much as the gashes stung she didn't bother flintching. A wasted movement could cause her the life their father had saved on a whim of his, and-

"Shit--!" The mans arm slammed into her neck sending her flying sideways and out the front door of the inn; but she managed to grab the cloak he wore taking hopefully it and it's owner with her.
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinsei kodoku Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:58 am

The boy smirked slightly for only an instant as the girl grabbed ahold of him, the smirk was something that would have been seen as uncharacteristic to anyone that had seen his previous demeanor. With the girl holding onto his cloak the boy grabbed her in a hugging motion with one arm over her left shoulder and the other over her waist from the right side. This of course meant the two were extremely close to each other, their faces almost touch. This was of course a distraction of sorts and all it needed to do was work for a split second. In that amount of time he had managed to cross the sleeves of gas cloak together behind the girls back and grab the opposite sleeve with the other hand (left right, right left). Without a loss of fluidity he slipped from the underside of the cloak while holding the sleeves still which tightened the cloak around the girl much like a straight jacket. At this point they ended up hitting the ground with the boy on the bottom taking slight damage. "sorry about this" he said rather softly as he flipped the hood over her face completely blinding her to the outside world.

Getting onto a single knee he still managed to hold the girl in his arms while wrapped in the cloak. He looked around using his senses to try and pinpoint any out of character nearby persons. "Nothing...." he closed his eyes as he held onto the cloak tightly. Then in an almost instantaneous movement of speed the two appeared in the center of a small island in the middle of a flowing river. The boy was panning and sweating profusely. He pulled a sleeve of the cloak and it came undone releasing the girl. As soon as she was free the boy winced and then threw up, at this point he was panting.
shinsei kodoku
shinsei kodoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:09 am

"Wha?" Close! He was waaaay to close! That split second that she dropped her guard she knew it was a mistake. "Damn! What did you-!!" The hood fell over her eyes and she froze, the one thing she hated was the dark. She barely noticed the dizziness that came with the teleportation he used, the only thing she want was to be out of the dark. Panicking she jumped away from the the man only to trip backwards and have the hood be knocked off.

"Uuu~" Tears welled up in her eyes as she glared miserably at his ill body. "You....stupid Jerk!" She snapped sniffling slightly, her chest heaved in panic as she shook in fear.
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinsei kodoku Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Back at where the two were previously in the city a multitude of needles seemed to fly from the sky and strike the exact location they were not more than a second ago. "seems we were just a little late in locating him. I think your senses are lacking iazanagi" A woman that appeared to be of the age of about 24 appeared in the center of the needles, her hair slung over her shoulders extending down just before her waist. To put it simply she was beautiful. "Bitch whe don't you try sniffing him out yourself next time!?" a figure jumped from the top of the inn preformed a single flip in the air and landed on all fours. The woman sacked her teeth and rolled her eyes. "I still can't smell him, but..." he picked up some dirt from the ground and took a sniff. "He's with a girl, she smells delicious." he licked his lips which caused the woman to frown in disgust. "Disgusting animal..but I suppose this was to be expected I suppose, no matter. Let's go izanagi" with that the woman began to walk past the man and grabbed him by his hood as he prepared to take another deep breath of the scent, the moment the woman stepped from the perimeter of the needles the very ground under them turned black, and any plants tere died.

The black clad boy quickly whipped around towards the girl. "shut up!..." he said in a calm yet still stern voice. He whiped his mouth as he closed his eyes and tried to center himself, the panting began to cease and he stood up. "I'm almost certain by now 6th know I'm not here to make an attempt on your life. But if not then I'll tell you. I'm not here to cause any harm to you. If I was then you'd be dead." he turned around and walked towards the edge of the water and walked in to about his knees. Cupping his hands he took some up and drank savoring every drop as it hit his tongue. Part of it was the thirst he had acquired from that move. His body was tired from it but there wasn't much that could have been done. He reached down again to get more water and looked back on directly before he used it. He couldn't sense anyone until it was almost too late, he ran a finger through a hole the very first needle had made within his sleeve. "they know me all well now..."
shinsei kodoku
shinsei kodoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronan Lynch Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:43 pm

"Shut up?! Y-you start a fight with me, kidnapped me, an-and blind me, then tell me to shut up? Who the hell do you think you are?!" Azure shouted, "Just take me back, Silas is probably gonna kill me when I get back..." She had stopped crying the second he told her to, but she was still shaking badly. For some odd reason she knew he wasn't going to try anything or actually hurt her, but he was definitely a weird guy. "Seriously though, take me back...I don't feel like dealing with Silas right now."

"Oooooi! Azure!" Silas called searching the few streets of the town, Azure had disappeared after claiming to take care of the fqinted wizard girl. Really, she was such a soft girl. Even in the end, she was just bad with other people.
Ronan Lynch
Ronan Lynch
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinsei kodoku Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:14 pm

The boy was half heartedly expecting the girl to attempt and run or to attack while he was facing the water. Yet at the same time he was hoping she wouldn't as it made things slightly easier. The boy sighed at the fact that she truly wanted him to bring her back, had she not begun to wonder for what reason he had taken her with nothing more than flesh wounds and also released her? "Fine..." he reached into his belt and grabbed a single throwing knife. He looked it over then threw it straight up into the air. "If when it comes back down it strikes me, then I will gladly bring you back" the knife came flying back down heading towards his head. Without looking up he reached up and grabbed it by the hilt. "The likeliness of me bringing you back there now the same as me being hit by my own weapon...for the same reason aswell. If I ALLOWED it to strike me I'd likely be dead or seriously injured. Get it? he then put the knife back into its original place. "Think." he walked up towards the girl. "I've told you I won't take your life, or cause you harm. So then why did I take you?"
shinsei kodoku
shinsei kodoku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum